Monday 19 January 2015

Still Stuck in Peanut Butter?

Remember what it feels like when you get too much peanut butter in your mouth at one time? Your tongue gets stuck and you cannot seem to clear the stuff from the roof of your mouth! It takes time…and patience…and lots of “spit juice”.
Without this combination, the peanut butter would never move and your tongue would be stuck…forever!
Well…maybe not, but it sure would feel that way.
For this reason many of us dislike peanut butter with a passion, and vow never to go near the stuff again.
Could this be you with your LinkedIn?
Over the years I’ve noticed that over 70% of my followers on LinkedIn are male.  It made me wonder why that is? After all, LinkedIn is the biggest and best online platform for business on the internet. It was a puzzle to me why more business women were not using it.
Here is what I discovered:
1.     Women are busy, very busy juggling their business, careers, family and aging parents.
2.     When women get on LinkedIn and start setting up a profile, they realize that it is going to take some time, which they feel they do not have enough of in the first place, and they leave, never to return.
3.     Many women leave the platform feeling frustrated, thinking they don’t have time for this, and plan to revisit it sometime soon…which often never happens.
4.     Many get all set up with their profile and don’t know how to use it effectively, get frustrated and leave it.
5.     Others just leave their LinkedIn profile sitting there, waiting for someone to find them.
For these reasons, I have discovered many women, and a few men, wonder why LinkedIn is not working for them.
It’s like the peanut butter. Without the “spit juice” and patience we will never conquer it.
Please reference my previous blog post, “Why Should I Connect with You?”
Watch for more of my story in “How to Avoid Being a Wall Flower.”
Got a LinkedIn question? Feel free to email me and I will answer it in my next blog.
Fired at Fifty: Stop Looking For Work and Discover What You Were Meant to Do.
http://bit.ly/FiredatFiftyKindle

Got a LinkedIn question? Feel free to email me and I will answer it in my next blog.
Christine Till
The LinkedIn Marketing Mentress
1-780-904-9557



No comments:

Post a Comment