Monday 4 May 2015

How do I Get My LinkedIn on Autopilot?

How much effort will it take to get my LinkedIn running on autopilot?

In my humble experience, I have met many people who have finally got their LinkedIn to an almost autopilot point when they give up... just before it begins to pay off. Just how much effort it takes to get to this point depends on whether you work with a LinkedIn coach or not.

When I was first introduced to LinkedIn, and for that matter, all my basic online social media platforms, I had a coach. This was back in 2009 when I was literally "dragged into the 21st Century kicking and screaming"!

In one day I signed up on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and my podblog site. Let me tell you, I literally felt like my head was going to pop off! The information that I needed to force into my head was challenged big time by the lack of space available. You get my drift.

My coach calmly and patiently walked me through what I needed to do with my online marketing systems and then patiently let me blunder a bit as I gradually absorbed the basics of "how to".

Part of my blundering on LinkedIn was being "I.D.K.'d. That stands for "I Don't Know You." I got on LinkedIn and saw that it was offering a lot of suggestions of people that I might like to connect with, so I started clicking at random for hours at a time. I must have invited several hundred people to connect with me. Then all of a sudden, one day, my profile was sent to LinkedIn Jail! I had no idea that if 5 people said they did not know me, my account would get frozen. I had to print out the terms of use from LinkedIn, sign them and scan them back to LinkedIn to prove that I was a real person. They even asked me to verify my Drivers License.

Guess what? I never did that again!

That said, I learned to ask before I do something for the first time. I also learned that I needed to avoid being a "lone wolf" and be teachable; to admit that I did not know something and ask for help.

Have you found yourself in this same position? Perhaps you are unaware that there is help available?

Because of the experience I had learning how to make my online marketing platforms work for me, I have since made it my goal to help as many people as I can with their online systems as well.

The basic three are LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. My specialty is LinkedIn.

LinkedIn is the key. Here's why:
1. The average age of people on LinkedIn is 43 years - more seasoned business people.
2. The average annual income of people on LinkedIn is $125K. - they can afford to buy our stuff.
3. Everyone on LinkedIn is there to do business.
4. LinkedIn is the most professional platform on the "net".
5. The secret to LinkedIn is in the groups.

For the Five LinkedIn Secrets, check out my next free webinar:
https://fivelinkedinsecrets.eventbrite.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment