Thursday 5 November 2015

The LinkedIn Marketing Mentress Tip #3

How to respond and share from your notifications menu under the tiny bell icon in the top right corner of your LinkedIn platform.

A wise man told me many years ago that I would discover that life does not run smoothly. At the time I thought, "Sure, I can handle that." However, there have been many times since then that I have sincerely wondered about my own sanity, dealing with so many changes in my life. At times it seems like everything was conspiring against me, and I have wondered if I would ever get through it.

Guess what! I survived!

If you are on LinkedIn and just getting started, you will want to feel like you are accomplishing something that makes sense for your business marketing plan. If you signed up on LinkedIn just prior to the last 2 weeks, you are probably wondering if you are logging into the right platform.

Am I right, or am I right?

Part of LinkedIn keeping us on alert was first changing the look of the platform. As soon as we see the layout change, those of us who have been using LinkedIn for a while realize that this means there are more new changes happening.

We are in the age of connectivity now, and that requires us to be more connected to our networks.  We need to be constantly working on new ways to build the relationships we both need and want for business. And LinkedIn is a great tool to help us with this.

There is another reason that LinkedIn has made changes.

The search engines.

Each and every time we make a change to our profiles on LinkedIn, we are letting the search engines know. Their little cookie monsters are always on the net searching for something new. The search engines love these changes!

Tip number Three:
Responding through the drop-down notifications under the bell icon.

Notifications are the messages you are receiving from people who have responded in some way to your posts or viewed your profile. These are the most important ones to be aware of, because you can respond in real time. With this age of connectivity, we also need to be more responsive. If we can respond within 10 minutes of receiving a message on LinkedIn, it could mean whether we can build a relationship with a potential new client of not.

If you have a smartphone, you can very easily respond to these notifications. The app allows you to click on each item, read it, like it, comment on it, and share it. I prefer responding to my notifications via my iPhone. It is fast and easy.

However, responding to this same drop-down menu on a PC is a little different. You add a couple of steps after clicking to read the post, in order to comment or share with the post, here is what to do.  You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the post to comment and share it through Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. 

Another way to respond to these notifications is through your main feed on the Home page, but that is a lot more time consuming. I am helping you to save time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message through my email below.

Next we will address accepting and responding to new connections.

Make it a great day!

Christine Till
The Marketing Mentress
1-780-904-9557
marketingmentress@gmail.com
Twitter: @mktgmentress
    




No comments:

Post a Comment