Tuesday 3 November 2015

What is Your Flight Plan?

Today is a long day of flights and lay-overs as I travel to visit one of my daughters and her family in Halifax.

As I sit here in Toronto Airport waiting for my next flight, I am watching the myriads of people coming and going, getting away from it all and taking it with them. They are as bad as I am carrying everything they think they might need during their trip to wherever-buck-two.

As I watch these goings on, I am reminded of when I took flying lessons. Before I was allowed to climb into the cockpit of the Cessna, I had to go through a routine of inspecting the plane and establishing a flight plan. If I just got into the plane and took off for "no-man's land", there would be radar tracking me as an unidentified object and I would be in big trouble!

Looking out on the tarmac at the huge airliners, I am thinking, "These planes are sooo much larger than my little Cessna!" Imagine what would happen if one took off without a flight plan? For sure, someone would be in deep "doo-doo"!

This reminds me of my own business.

When I first was "Fired at Fifty", I had to write my own "flight plan" for my business. I needed to know my destination, and figure out how I was going to get there. I believe that was the second hardest thing to do in my life! Second to bearing children.

However, Like bearing children, when you have a plan and follow it, correcting along the way, both have a favourable outcome.

Key words, "correcting along the way".

During the childbearing process, there are regular checkups throughout.

When running your own business, there are "corrections" that need to be made along the way. When one system becomes obsolete, another must be brought in to replace it. For example, when the Commodore 64 became obsolete, a new and better computer replaced it.

I have a good friend who laughs about his degree in Commodore 64! But I digress.

Many of us have grown up without online marketing systems and computers. We have been working our businesses without them for years, and are struggling with declining sales.

 Here is why you are struggling: Your competition is online snatching up potential customers and existing customers from you, the one who is still "lost in the Ozarks".

Because I have witnessed many businesses struggling to keep up with the changing times, I took it upon myself to help as many as I can with their online marketing, specifically LinkedIn. I know what it is like to feel like your head is about to explode with all the new information you are trying to stuff into it.

So when you are noticing that your sales are declining and wonder how to correct along the way, give me a call. I can help you with your LinkedIn flight plan.

Christine Till
The Marketing Mentress
1-780-904-9557
marketingmentress@gmail.com
Twitter: @mktgmentress

No comments:

Post a Comment