Monday 15 February 2016

My Accidental Branding

Ranching didn't teach me how to write a marketing plan; it taught me work.

Throughout my life I have been able to adapt, survive, and succeed because of my work ethic. It has helped me establish my brand for business without my even knowing it.

Here's what happened.

When I was "Fired at Fifty", I started The Marketing Mentress Podcast show. Within a very short period of time pretty much everyone in the lower mainland of British Columbia knew who "The Marketing Mentress" was.

How did that happen?!

What I did was use LinkedIn to find people to interview on my podcast show. People wanted to be guests on my show and I had them lining up waiting for their opportunity to be interviewed. I was interviewing up to 7 people a week and publishing the podcast through my website and social media. We would do the interview; then I would write a blog about the interview; attached the interview to the blog; attached their contact information to the blog, and then published them all together. I had all my social media connected with my website so when a blog was published, it instantly was broadcast throughout my social media and several podcast sites...ITunes included.

One of the businesses that I interviewed had invented a recyclable fire extinguisher that was 9" x 1.5". It would fit into your glove box. When we published his interview, I attached a caption, "Help! My house is burning down!"  We had 124 listens to the interview and a request from Orange County, California saying, "We need to get these throughout our entire county!"

It was amazing! I had no idea what I was doing!

What I was doing was interviewing 6-7 times a week and these were going out into my network every time I published a show.

Purely by accident I discovered that blogging and posting every day of the week branded myself.

When I reviewed my process, I realized that I had made myself different from my competition, and had created a unique presence on the internet.

People want to be educated and informed first and foremost. Inadvertently, that's what I was doing!

I was getting business through people I met on LinkedIn and through networking meetings.
It was the presence that I had created on the internet that started the base for my branding, but the networking gave my presence uniformity.

Today when I introduce myself as The LinkedIn Marketing Mentress, people know exactly what I do.

-And it all came to fruition by accident.

Well, sort of by accident. My work ethic had a lot to do with the success of my brand.

What are you doing to make yourself different from your competition? How are you building your unique brand?

As I watched many small businesses struggle with their brand and uniqueness in the marketplace, I realized that I had learned the secrets to developing a great brand. I could help these businesses!

Just because I was successful with branding myself in the early stages of my career doesn't mean that I think I know it all. I continue to learn.

Christine Unterthiner has taught me a lot about branding and how to grow my brand. What she teaches goes hand-in-hand with online marketing. We need to establish our brand in order to market our business both online and offline. Because branding and marketing work together to help businesses move ahead faster in the marketplace.

We have come together for a series of webinars that run March 8th, April 12th, May 10th, and June 14th 2016.

If you are looking for help with your branding and marketing online and offline, come join our FREE webinars. https://siftingthroughthenoise.eventbrite.ca


Christine Till
The Marketing Mentress

     https://ca.linkedin.com/in/marketingmentress




No comments:

Post a Comment