Monday 2 May 2016

Flying by the Seat of Your Plans?

May 24, 2009 I was dragged into the 21st Century kicking and screaming!

In one day I signed up on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, my website, and my podcasting system. You think your head is about to burst? I felt like crying every day for weeks! It was almost too much for my poor brain to absorb! But I had a dream and a point to prove, and I was going to learn this social media thing if it was the last thing I ever did!

At first my goal was to prove my point to my 'then' boss, but soon it became my passion.

I used LinkedIn to find people to interview on my podcast show. The very first time I published one of my podcasts, within an hour I had a response from a gal saying, "I had no idea that this was available to help me with my 95 year old Dad!"

That was proof enough for me!

This revelation empowered me to continue with my podcasting system using LinkedIn to find people to interview for my show. It worked beautifully!

So, when my boss and I agreed to disagree, I had my vision in place. I would build my own business using LinkedIn as the catalyst.

Today I see many business owners struggling with building a business. They struggle because they are building their business on a 'shoe string' budget. They have no marketing budget and yet they have a driving need to make money.

We are so privileged today to have many online systems that are FREE! But how do we know which ones to use and which ones are the ones best for our own business?

Here's the thing.

Most business owners start their business running by the "seat of their plans" (Betska K-Burr). They try to do it alone with no coaching and the only advice they get is from family and friends...who have never operated a business of their own.

Guess what!

You cannot be a lone wolf. You NEED a coach!

I would never have been able to get to where I am with my business without a coach, and I still have a coach to this day.

There are two key things that I have learned through my experience in running a business of my own.

            1. You need a plan.
            2. You need a coach.

Let me be your coach and I will help you get sales.

Christine Till

The Marketing Mentress
780-904-9557
www.marketingmentress.com
LI:/marketingmentress
FB:/marketingmentress
TTR: @mktgmentress
marketingmentress@gmail.com
www.2csuccess.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks dear and respected Christine .I feel very happy learning about you. Christine,you are really talented. I am so proud of you. Kind God always keep you happy,healthy and safe over there

    ReplyDelete