Tuesday 7 June 2016

LinkedIn Tip # 36 - How do you reach out to the people from your saved searches?

Now that you have your saved searches producing, how do you handle them?

When I opened up my email this morning, I could have let myself get overwhelmed when I saw that there were over 60 new people listed as a result of my LinkedIn searches. This is a good thing!

Instead of having to redo search after search to find the key people I want to build business relationships with, LinkedIn does all that work for me.

How cool is that!

Now I simply review each profile to find the ones that catch my eye as potential people I would love to work with either myself or through collaboration.

Because I have a fair number of connections on LinkedIn now, I have built many relationships. I know what kind of client many of my network are looking for, so when I find someone in my searches that fits what someone in my network wants, I immediately introduce them.

But before I make that introduction, what do you think I should do? Should I just make the introduction, or should I set up a Memorandum of Understanding with them?

What is a Memorandum of Understanding you ask? It is a one page agreement that states that when I provide someone with a new client, they pay me a small commission. When someone gives me a referral, I like to reward them for their efforts. To me, I would not have had that client if it was not for them and their referral.

But I digress ...

Here are all these 60+ people sitting there for me to reach out to and build a relationship. How do I do that? What do I say? Remember my LinkedIn Tip # 35 - What do I say after I say, "Hello?" That's it!

Remember that they are people and be up front with them as to what caught your eye in their profile. Then let them know what it is that you are looking for and ask them who they know that is looking for that...or are they looking themselves?

LinkedIn is like a large networking meeting. Everyone is there to do business. Try to find what you can do to help them, and they usually will reciprocate.

Just talk to them like you would have them talk to you.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask. That's what I do.

To learn more about marketing and branding best practices, join us on our last FREE webinar coming up June 14th at 4pm MDT/ 3pm PDT.

Christine Till
The Marketing Mentress

     https://ca.linkedin.com/in/marketingmentress

www.2csuccess.com




No comments:

Post a Comment