Monday 14 November 2016

LinkedIn Tip #73 - How much time will it cost me?

Will my LinkedIn marketing become a full time job? That is the question.

People ask me how much time they will need to spend on LinkedIn in order to get business.

My answer is always, how much time do you have? Then I smile.

Here's something I have noticed about LinkedIn.

Men are way more active at this than women...for the most part.
Women are always juggling so many things in their daily lives that they cannot fathom implementing one more activity.

Men on the other hand, once they know what is needed to help them market their business, they grab the "bull by the horns" and run with it. They seem to be more willing to dive in and get their "hands dirty".

That's probably why there are more men on LinkedIn than women.

Years ago I decided that because I had such a challenge with learning LinkedIn and perfecting its use I was going to help women start using LinkedIn...especially if they had a B2B type of business.

So, how much time does it really take to stay up to date with LinkedIn on a daily basis?
The answer is in you. How much time are you willing to put into the success of your business?

When people follow just one simple practice, they should only need to spend 15-30 minutes once or twice a day on ALL their social media platforms put together.

Use an auto-posting system. With one of these systems you can schedule posts 6 months out. Then all you need to do is respond on a daily basis.

Take time once a week to post some things and write a couple blogs to share. These can all be scheduled ahead of time. Then when you are sitting in a full day meeting, you can have posts being sent out while you are sitting there in the meeting...not physically posting on your social media.

Check out some of these platforms, like HootSuite or SproutSocial.

Personally, I prefer SproutSocial because of the analytics and the ability to respond to my key social media platforms right on SproutSocial. I don't even have to go to my LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter every day.

Are you feeling stumped as to which auto-posting platform is right for you, reach out through LinkedIn and I'll help you.

Christine Till
The Marketing Mentress


No comments:

Post a Comment