Monday 21 November 2016

MM Tip #6 - Why do you need a mentor?

A wise mentor suggested that I could share more statistics regarding my online marketing system.

He has inspired me to share.

All too often we fail to track our progress with our marketing. When we speak in generalities, people naturally wonder if there is any substance to what we are claiming.

Isn't that the truth!

I am so thankful for great business associates and mentors who are much more experienced and wiser than myself in many ways, not only with LinkedIn.

If it were not for wonderful coaches and mentors, I would never have achieved the results I have today with LinkedIn.

Along the way, I have met others who have accomplished great sales results using LinkedIn as well. In fact, there are videos on YouTube.com about how Microsoft has eliminated cold calling and replaced it with Sales Navigator on LinkedIn.

LinkedIn has been diligent in gathering many statistics and analysing them to determine how to rank members using their platform. One only has to Google for these stats.

As for myself, I humbly own an SSI (Social Selling Index) of 89-90 out of 100. It fluctuates from day to day. What this means is that many of my online connections are now coming to me to ask for coaching services on LinkedIn.

There are 4 key areas that LinkedIn includes in determining your SSI.
1. Establish your professional brand. (25/25)
2. Find the right people. (21/25)
3. Engage with insights. (18.57/25)
4. Build relationships. (25/25)

"Your SSI measures how effective you are at establishing your professional brand, finding the right people, engaging them with insights, and building relationships. It is updated daily." LinkedIn Quote

Social Selling Index also gives you insights on how to improve your social selling.

The unfortunate challenge I find with coaching people on LinkedIn is that most of them want the knowledge, but fail to get on the platform on a daily basis or to use auto-posting platforms to help them maximize their brand presence.

Just one post a week will never be seen. One post a day still will not be noticed. The goal is to work up to 5 posts a day on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.

You cannot build the presence or the relationships without being on the platform at least once a day to interact with people who respond to your posts.

What are the challenges you are having with LinkedIn?

Christine Till
The Marketing Mentress

No comments:

Post a Comment